25.6.10

Corazon


I don't know enough about anything to preach to anyone, I don't have enough life experience to make assumptions about love, about what it means and what it does to us. But I’ve caught on recently to something. Through a series of realizations, it's started to make an odd sort of sense. Not real sense, but the crazy, uninhibited sort of sense that only love can make. I’ve realized that everything we make ourselves do, everything we put ourselves through, there's no reason for it. The things we say, the places we go to on dates, the pda, the hand holding, the little notes, we only do these things because that's all we know of love. That’s what we've seen on television and read about in books. That’s the kind of love that we've been taught, is real. But it's only action. And actions might speak louder than words, but feeling means more than action. It’s like a twisted game of rock-paper-scissors.

Is love fear? I don't think so. But what do i know? My life isn't even a quarter of the way through, and I think about things like this? I think about a lot of things that scare me actually. But I realized, recently, that the only rule I broke, was assuming that there were rules. Because there aren't. In love, there are no rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment