12.8.10

footloose & fancy free

theoceanchild:propsforbella:moldevort:theresbeautyinthebreakdown | (via pemberley-state-of-mind) “They don’t really touch. Women don’t shake hands with men. So the first time Darcy touches Elizabeth is when he helps her into the carriage. Which is a really beautiful moment. Because it’s the first skin-on-skin  touch.      I think today, we don’t think twice about that at all. I shake people’s hands, I give them a kiss, whatever. It’s interesting to think, if you don’t have that tactile nature, how important one touch can be.”  - Keira Knightly
They don’t really touch. Women don’t shake hands with men. So the first time Darcy touches Elizabeth is when he helps her into the carriage. Which is a really beautiful moment. Because it’s the first skin-on-skin touch.

I think today, we don't think twice about that at all. I shake people's hands, I give them a kiss, whatever. It's interesting to think, if you don't have that tactile nature, how important one touch can be."

- Kiera Knightly

No comments:

Post a Comment